Monday, October 6, 2014

Eleanor and Park Spoiler Review

Hey guys!

I've been away far too long but now I'm back and I really want to do a review for Eleanor and Park. I already wrote one on Goodreads but it didn't come out so well so I'm trying again. If you're wondering why I titled it "Spoiler Revew" it's because I want to say everything that I felt and I really don't want to bother with the whole "Un-Spoiled" and "Spoiled" deal so if you haven't read it and don't mind being spoiled, read on!

What it's about: Eleanor and Park is about Eleanor and Park. Duh. But who are Eleanor and Park? Eleanor is a quiet girl with a loud attitude and way about herself. She's the new girl in town and that's not the only reason why everyone including Park notices her. Park is a half-Korean boy who keeps to himself but when Eleanor shows up everything changes.

Okay, I know that that description majorly sucked. I tried. Read the book for yourself if you haven't, then you'll know them and I won't have to explain them in such a sucky way. XD

I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads and here's my review telling why.

*Caution* SPOILERS AHEAD *Caution*

So first off, I loved the way this book progressed. The way that Eleanor and Park disliked each other at first and then grew closer. If that's one thing that I love about this book, it's that it felt REAL.

Anyway, going into this book I was excited. My sister had hyped me up, a Booktuber named Ariel had hyped me up, I wanted to read it for myself; it was all just so exciting.

I started out slowly(mostly because I was busy) and it was okay but then I got to the part where they actually started to open up to each other(Which isn't that far in, I know. Like I said, I was busy) and it was amazing. The way they silently communicated had me on edge just waiting for the moment when they finally actually talked. And then they did and first it wasn't that great but then it was and it got awesome and awesomer(totally a word :P). Then the hand-holding scene. *Sigh* You see, the Booktuber I mentioned had said something about the hand-holding scene and I was just like "Is it really all that?" and then when my sister read it she didn't seem to think the same thing that Ariel thought and I was like "So what was it like then?'. If I were to describe it, I'd say it was magical. It was super cute and warm feeling and embarrassing in that awesome way and it was magical and I swear to you, I felt it. I think I'm getting way better at engrossing myself in books and feeling like I'm really there because before I never really was good at doing that.

I felt so sorry for Eleanor and her family. I don't know what it's like being stuck in a bad situation you can't get out of and I hope that InshaAllah(God-willing) I will never find out but I sympathized so much with them. The way it was written, you felt it. You could imagine the horribleness. I mean, the girl couldn't even take a shower.

Park's story was, thankfully, not that horrible. The whole thing with his dad seemed pretty normal(as in, how a normal teenager interacts with his dad). The eyeliner thing was kinda confusing to me but I think it symbolized how Park wanted to be different and how his father didn't accept that he was different. Honestly, I could just imagine Park with eyeliner and I would be drooling(shhh). I have a thing for Asian guys(especially Korean) and "guyliner", no lie and I could totally imagine it and with his green eyes too? Ugh(sorry, fangirling a bit). Park, in my mind, is super cute(and not just because Eleanor said he was). And he's totally my new book crush because not only was he cute but he was awesome and quirky and a little weird and I loved it and him and Eleanor and run-on sentences ftw because I don't even care. :DDD

Like I said on Goodreads, my only criticism is that the other characters were sorta background noise. Not that they weren't all awesome at the same time. It's weird. I mean, I liked the other characters and their personalities(what little of them I saw) but besides Eleanor's and Park's families, the other characters didn't seem like they were entirely significant(although, other people have different opinions about that). However, as I also said, I didn't exactly mind that. I liked that they seemed to be in their own little bubble.

So I kinda thought it might be Richie that was writing in her notebooks. Only slightly though. I'm super glad she got out of that situation as fast as she could because I would've reached in the book and strangled Richie myself if he did anything to her. I liked that Park's father let him drive the truck because it tied something up in Park's side of the story as well, the fact that the whole time he did know how to drive a shift. I'm also wondering: did Eleanor and Park "go all the way" on the drive because I thought that it was hinted at but I wasn't sure but I don't even know why I'm wondering anyway. Whatever.

So now we're down to the last thing: the ending. It was not enough. I get it(or at least I think I do) but I sooooo want more. Those three words just had to be "I love you", I'm sure of it. But what if they weren't? WHAT WERE THEY???? I'm just kidding. Honestly, though, I do want more. I want to know more of their story. I want to meet them in real life and hang out. I want to be one of them. I don't even know. I just want more.

Anyway, that's it. To sum up this all-over-the-place review, I loved this book. I thought it was cute and it was awesome and beautiful and I smiled through a lot of it and it was also sad on Eleanor's part but it was such. A. Good. Book. I thank my sister for forcing me to read it even though I was going to read it anyway, just not fast enough for her :D

Like I said on Goodreads, I recommend it to anyone. If you want a good, touching, kinda sad, story to read or you want to read about teenage love or if you just want something to read, read Eleanor and Park. Even if you've already read it. ^^

So, this is really it.

Bye, see you when I do.

Read on, my friend,

Sumiyya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment